It is 18kms away from Malaga, connected by the autovía del Mediterráneo (the Mediterranean motorway). It is a small coastal town which has evolved around its watch tower built in the XVI century.
The Chilches Tower, built of stones and bricks stands between the sea and the N-340 (old National coastal road). It has a truncated cone shape with a solid base and also has a room located on top with an outside entrance. It is protected in the Decree of April 22nd, 1949 as “Generic Declaration” and was given special recognition as Castle in 1993 by the “Junta de Andalucía” (Andalucía Regional Government).
It is worth mentioning the Inmaculada Concepción Church which was built in the XVII century and is located in the Plaza de la Constitución (Constitution Square).